Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

Weekends are wonderfully lackadaisical around here. Eli has a new trick too that adds to the laziness of Saturdays called sleeping in until 8:30 every day. He is definitely his mother's child. I'm chronic sleeper in-ner and it's so nice to have a child that, for the time being, follows in my footsteps.

This afternoon we walked around the Provo Tabernacle. It was so sad to see this giant of pioneer architecture laying in waste at our feet. The smoke was gone and we had a pretty good view of the interior. All the benches from the upper level had fallen to the main floor and looked like charred kindling. I think they could still re-build, but Dan said it would be quite the undertaking. At least I hope they do more than just sell the land to Nuskin so they can build another city center ruiner...but it will probably come to that. Sad day.

1 comment:

  1. It's a real loss to the community. I was so sad when I heard.

    ReplyDelete