Its been three years ago today that Dan and I tied the knot and started married life. I'm sure he would agree when I say some things have gone as planned and many have not. No matter what has come our way I have always been so thankful we decided to get hitched and stick together through tough times (many computer crashes) and good times (baby birth, fun vacations, Android Hero release...maybe not in that order). On this day, I would like to embarrass my husband and awkward the internet by sharing a list of the top ten things I love about Dan, in no particular order.
1. He knows his appliances. Dan is a man's man, but he knows how to clean a blender, work an iron and start a washing machine better than most men and women I know.
2. Dan is the most intelligent person I know, and I've met Michael Bay.
3. He is the world's best daddy. All I have to say now is "Eli, Daddy is home" and he goes running full speed towards the door in anticipation of the arrival of his favorite person.
4. He can quote Simpsons with the best of them...me I mean...
5. He puts up with and encourages my stupid ideas (Biblecats anyone?).
6. Dan has a soft side. He may hate me for saying this but I have seen him tear up watching movies. That may take his street cred down a notch.
7. He is grounded. And I don't mean in a "You're 16 and your parents found out about your text bill" grounded kinda way. I mean Dan is a man of principles. There have been so many times I've tried to cross ethical boundaries and he will always pull me back, dust me off, and tell me to do the right thing.
8. Dan is so thoughtful. He does the dishes, he plays with Eli, he gives me time off. He does amazing things without being asked or wanting any credit.
9. He is one sexy beast.
10. He's stuck with me for three years and loves our family. I am so lucky to have a man like Dan who has patience, loyalty, goodness and love oozing from every pore.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY! (please don't beat up my husband at work for all this lovey-dovey crap)