Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Garlic Lemon Chicken with Asparagus: Good Stuff

I like chicken. I like it cooked in just about any form. Chicken breasts are the magic food for me. You can do so many things with them and its pretty hard to have them turn out wrong. AND, chicken is super good for you.

Our friend TJ Seintenbach sent me this recipe, said its one of his and his wife's favorites. And let me tell you...its pretty darned good. I added a few changed and it was mighty yummy. Here's a step by step for you.

Step 1: Sautee minced garlic in a frying pan with a little olive oil. You want enough garlic to cover the bottom of two large chicken breasts, so don't skimp.


Step 2: Add two boneless chicken breasts to the pan. TJ says they season the chicken with Cavenders Seasoning. I found some at our local Winco, but I bet you could get it at just about any grocery store, and it is good. Very good. Check that link so you know what you're looking for.

Step 3: Sautee the chicken on the garlic, turning each breast occasionally to optimize tenderness. I had on hand a few fresh Myer lemons (I have a blessed friend in California who grows them) so I juiced them on top of the cooking chicken. I added more lemon juice every time the pan looked a little dry and seasoned them liberally throughout cooking with the Cavenders. Yum.
Step 4: While the chicken is cooking, sautee the asparagus in olive oil in a separate pan. I added a little salt and pepper and, you guessed it, a little of the lemon juice. Dan likes his veggies nice and tender, so I grilled them until they drooped when I picked them up.
Step 5: Check the chicken to ensure done-ness by making a small cut in the thickest part of the breast. If the meat is white all the way through and the juices are clear, dinner is almost done. To keep this meal super healthy as well as yummy, I served it with warmed black beans to cut down on carbs. I heated them in a sauce pan with a little salt and pepper while the other things were cooking.
Ta da! Its done! This meal was quick to make and so very tasty. I will definitely be making it again.



1 comment:

  1. The asparagus was great. I love how the heads of the spears soak up all the spices and flavor.

    ReplyDelete