Sunday, April 14, 2013

Smoothie Smoothness

Remember when this blog was going to be about food? Remember when I wrote 3 pages of a screen play, started 8 chapters of a book, finished 4 installments of an 8 part mini series and cut out two quilts that are still sitting in my closet? I think I have a problem with follow-through.

Anyway...we've been making smoothing like crazy around here so I thought I'd share my favorite recipe. It's a modified version of one I learned to make when I was 8 in a neighborhood cooking class.



Garfield Family Smoothie Fantastico

2 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate (or honey or agave...any good sweetener really)
8 oz yogurt (I use plain)
5 frozen strawberries
2 frozen bananas
A large handful of washed spinach
4/5 pieces of ice
2 cups water

I just blend it all up for a long long time. I like my smoothies really, well, smooth. It's a great activity because it's one the kids and I can all do together AND it's really healthy. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment